Top 10 Oily T-Zone Home Remedies
Most people have combination oily skin, which is characterized by having both oily and dry areas on the face. If you have an oily T zone (oily nose and oily forehead and/or chin), but dry cheeks, you have combination skin.
Oily skin remedies predominantly include gentle cleansing of the surface sebum (oil secreted by oily glands). Home remedies are gentle and can be very effective in treating combination oily skin.
Here are the top 10 home remedies for oily skin :
1. Apply any type of gentle natural clay mask as it absorbs excess oil from the surface of the skin. If you have combination skin consisting of oily T zone, apply the clay mask only to the oily forehead, nose and chin.
2. Mix aloe vera with cucumber juice and apply to the oily areas of the skin. Wash it off after 20 minutes.
3. Keep your skin clean by washing the face with just lukewarm water several times in a day and immediately apply moisturizer.
4. Low fat curd mixed with a few drops of lemon juice is a good cleanser. Apply it to the oily areas for a few minutes before showering.
5. Apply a gentle natural oil free moisturizer regularly. Dryness of the skin exacerbates oily skin condition.
6. Make your homemade moisturizer with sweet almond oil and grape seed oils. These oils are light, easy to absorb and do not clog the pores. Oils also help keep the moisture in the skin intact.
7. Apply a mixture of honey and tomato juice for 15-20 minutes on your oily T zone area and then wash it off. You can do this on alternative days before showering.
8. Make your own oily face control homemade astringent with ingredients like vinegar, cucumber juice, tomato juice and rose water which are some of the natural astringents for the skin. Try mixing different ingredients and see which ones work best for you.
9. If you have combination skin characterized by severe oily T zone and extreme dry cheeks, make separate moisturizers for both areas appropriately.
10. Use only mild ingredients like cucumber slices for cleansing your skin that won’t over dry your skin. In case you have a tingling sensation, you should consider switching to an even a milder solution like distilled water.None found.