Age Spots Home Remedies: Top 5 Solutions
Age spots home remedies can be incredibly effective in ridding you of these unsightly skin problems at a fraction of the cost you would pay had you resorted to chemical peels for age spots with their extensive list of side effects.
Before you begin using any age spots home remedies, it’s important to remember that not all liver spots on skin are true signs of hyper pigmentation and might be symptoms of a more serious skin disease like melanoma or skin cancer. Additionally, if you have a history of frequent sun exposure in the past and have a lot of brown spots to show for it, have them evaluated by a professional dermatologist before resorting to any methods of natural skin bleaching.
Below we have carefully selected top 5 solutions for clearing away brown skin spots on face, chest or hands.
1. Aloe Vera Juice is the number one among age spots home remedies that is also very inexpensive. Aloe Vera juice applied daily on liver spots on skin can effectively erase them away. Aloe Vera juice is sold at most natural food stores in form of gels that could be used daily for best results. Aloe Vera gel will not work overnight and will require daily applications for months before you start seeing your brown spots fading away.
2. Castor Oil has numerous beneficial properties including its ability to slowly erase brown liver spots on face, neck and chest. Prized for its skin lightning abilities by Egyptians many centuries ago, this mighty oil is a proven way to gently peel away top layers of skin due to its substantial acid content and additional anti-inflammatory properties. Apply castor oil directly on liver spots twice per day.
3. Lemon Juice is one of the best age spots home remedies that has helped many women lighten signs of hyper pigmentation on face. Before you start this treatment, be certain that you are not allergic to citrus products by rubbing a small amount of lemon juice on the back of your wrist and waiting a 24 hour period. If you don’t see any rash or signs of skin irritation, you can proceed with this method. Lemon juice could be applied directly to skin or combined with honey or sugar for additional exfoliating effect.
4. Horseradish is not only a dietary condiment but one of the best age spots home remedies. Grate a 3-4” piece of horseradish root and combine with a ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar. Allow this mixture to mature for several weeks before use. Apply directly to age spots twice daily.
5. Dandelion Milk is one of the most effective age spots home remedies that should be used twice daily and rubbed directly on the brown age spots. Break off a stem of a fresh dandelion and use the milk right away. It’s better if you use fresh dandelion for every application.
Proper sun protection is the key to preventing the development of age spots. Use skincare products with SPF 15 or higher daily to avoid developing brown spots in the first place.